Friday, June 4, 2010
THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND
It is not very often that Dublin can boast a Bank Holiday weekend that brings with it spades of sun...then again the sun is not that regular a visitor full stop...but that is not why people love the place...is it? Of course not!!!
So what are you going to get up to this fantastic June Bank Holiday weekend. Well here is our guide to what is "hot" in the city over the next three days.
1. Night At The Dogs, Shelbourne Park, Saturday June 5th - Let's be honest...it's a great night out. Come over to the hotel, have bit of grub, head down to Shelbourne Park, have a bet and a pint on us and then stay the night with a Full Irish Breakfast in the morning. All for just €85pps. If there are no rooms left...and that is very possible because everyone loves staying with us (even if we do say that ourselves) head down to the dogs anyway. Great night is a given.
2. Westlife, Croke Park, Saturday June 5th - Have to admit that I'm a bit partial to the Sligo/Dublin quartet and lets face it 80,000 people can't be that wrong. The "Flying Without Wings" lads have a large catalouge of hits and the sun is sure to make it a great day.
3. Neil Hannon, Liberty Hall, Dublin, 8pm Friday June 4 - In the second part of two special events on the art of songwriting as part of the Dublin Writers Festival, Divine Comedy main man Neil "i love cricket" Hannon eplores his crat trhough a conversation with RTE broadcaster and writer John Kelly, with a sprinkle of live performances of course.
4. One Night in Istanbul, Grand Canal Theatre, Friday and Saturday - This show has been in town since Wednesday and it has had a sensational response from the guests who've attended it. A brilliant comedy based on Liverpool Football Club's heroic recovery from a 3-0 deficit in the Champions League Final to lift the title in Istanbul. A must for not only Liverpool fans...but god knows those poor beleagured fans neeed something to shout about...Rafa's gone anybody.
5. Maritime Festival, Dublin Docklands, June 4th - 7th - Everything you can want on a sun soaked weekend...water, boats, outdoor markets, food, music, entertainment and loads of fun. Check out the DDDA website for full listings.