Friday, October 1, 2010
So Saturday is the first chance for Ireland's rugby elite to sample the fantastic new Aviva Stadium.
It will be unusual for the lads in that they are normally sharing the hallowed Dubln 4 turf in green jerseys. Saturday will see Ireland's two most powerful rugby provinces clash in what will be an enthralling battle.
Leinster are in serious need of a victory having lost three of their opening four Magners League games under new coach Joe Schmidt. For their part Munster, well until Cardiff's victory over Connacht last night, are leading the table after a fine start which included two away wins.
The return of many of their elite players last week against Edinburgh didn't exactly have the desired effect, which adds to the pressure in this fixture.
All in all it leads to a facinating game...and we can't wait. Having international and major competitive sport back in the Ballsbridge area has brought a great buzz into the hotel.
Michael Bublé last week threw down the gauntlet to the rugby fans in terms of enjoying themselves. The bar was rammed after the gigs and the crowds lapped up Brendan Keeley's set in Gasworks.
Obviously, being a Dublin City hotel, our allegiance lies with the boys in blue, but that doesn't mean we don't have a soft spot for the lads from Munster. So all are welcome for some good food drink and craic before and after the game.
For those going to the game here is some useful information:
- Stiles open at 6pm
- Admission to all parts of Aviva Stadium is by ticket only,
- External check points will only admit patrons with the correct colour ticket.
- Patrons are reminded that parking is strictly prohibited in the areas around Aviva Stadium and vehicles parked illegally are liable to be clamped or impounded.
- The Grand Canal Hotel has limited car parking spaces available...get in early to ensure you get a space.
- Check out www.avivastadium.ie for more info.
- Kick Off is at 7.30pm
From 3.30pm – late (12 midnight)
Sandwiches/Wraps/Pizza/Chips from €5.50
Bar Carvary From 4.15pm – 9pm
Chicken Curry & Rice, All €10
Burgers & Chips, Chicken
Goujons & Chips,
BBQ Beef Rolls & Chips
Tab menu €20 – 3/3/3 with T/C
Entertainment - Band – 10.30pm – 12.30
Wii in lobby on TV’s